Story by Ben Baeder These youths, one stripped of all his clothes and the other badly beaten, fell victim to raging bands of servicemen who scoured the streets in Los Angeles, June 20, 1943, looking for and beating zoot suited youths. The servicemen blame the zoot suited youths for numerous unprovoked assaults...
The World Cup has officially started. But hold your horses, let's give Brazil's weird and wonderful opening ceremony its due.
Here's everything that happened.
1) There were lots of people in yellow and green.
2) There was this trippy set-up on the field.
3) At one point it kind of looked like a face.
4) People were dancing with umbrellas.
5) These weirdos were looking old-timey except for their wired earpieces.
6) This kid was running around giving everyone red cards but nobody left the pitch because he wasn't a real referee and therefore had no authority whatsoever.
7) These kids were kicking soccer balls. The balls were attached to strings because the kids sucked.
8) People were dressed as soccer balls with terrifying masks.
9) There was a colorful ball in the middle of the performance. It lit up and stuff.
11) OMG it's Brazilian pop star Claudia Leitte!!
12) Turned out it was a pop celebrity clown car and J-Lo and Pitbull started climbing out
13) They sang their terrible and official World Cup song and did a lot of this.
14) Pitbull wore man-capris.
15) These people were there. You can't unsee them.
16) J-Lo had the most J-Lo microphone ever.
17) Then they were done, after a few subtle lip-sync mistakes.